Sunday, January 24, 2016

Another wild and crazy idea...



Happy 2016 friends! There are many things about this year that make me motivated and excited...adulting is not always easy....but it has the best perks!

Let's get to the purpose of this post....  Cody knows I come up with wild and crazy ideas...like start a youtube channel....wake up at 5am and go to the gym (LA Fitness) before work...   All those ideas I started to play out....and then the motivation faded.

Well...last night I came up with another wild and crazy idea! Wake up early and go to the community gym before work. Part of me feels like it's a repeat of my idea to wake up early before work and go to the gym....but this idea seems SO more doable and relaxing. Instead of having to pack a bag of toiletries for the shower and my clothes for the day, I can just come back home to shower and get ready!  A lot of people say I don't need to worry about working out because I'm running around all day at work. By the end of a typical day, I have about 15k steps.  Still...I don't feel like it's a work out.  I don't sweat...I don't have sore muscles...I don't get the post-workout feeling that I really miss!

I've been reading a lot about the importance of "taking care you" and I want to do better at that.  Not only will I feel better about myself, but I'll be happy to give even more to my husband, my family, and all of those at work.  If I close my eyes and think about what I would do in the morning, I see myself waking up, going downstairs to the gym, coming back to shower and relax in my super cozy robe for a little bit before I get ready for work.  It just seems so relaxing and crazy to think that I can actually relax and take a moment to soak in life and enjoy it before heading to work.  It's important to visualize how you want your life to be, and I need to keep visualizing how I want my morning routine to be. It just keeps me so motivated and excited to make this happen!

I'm the type that needs to set up a set-by-step plan of how things are going to go down. So I'm using this blog to (1) keep myself accountable and (2) figure out my plan!

Now if I want this to work, I have to be organized and prepared.  I already have my workout clothes ready to go out the door in the morning. I have my water in the fridge to take to the gym.

The plan..

10:00pm - G0 to sleep

5:00 - Alarm goes off/get ready for the gym

5:10 - 5:50 - Work out

5:55 - 6:10 - Turn on coffee & hop into the shower

6:10 - 6:30 -  Enjoy coffee ...eat a delicious homemade parfait...have fun with makeup....whatever I gosh darn feel like! It's MY time!! Cody is still asleep :)

6:55 - Walk out the door with Cody (yes - we leave for work at the same time and I absolutely love it!)

I am pumped for this! I'll touch base here in a week (that's my goal) with what I end up doing!





No comments:

Post a Comment